Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

PSA IS NOT AN AIRLINE ??

Graduation day!!!  I just completed 42 treatments at Hoag Hospital in their giant Micro Wave machine called TOMO.  I've had perfect health for 75 years and absolutely no SYMPTOMS of any type?  An elevated PSA test suggested I see a urologist.  A slight lump on my prostrate suggested a biopsy and the results were cancer of the prostrate.  We caught the problem early with the cancer still confined to the prostrate and the odds of the Radiation Therapy being successful are in the low 90%.  I am sharing this with you because over 60% of the male population over 70 years of age will get prostrate cancer.  It is IMPERATIVE that you keep watching that PSA number.  If a family member has it your odds are 50% greater that you will also get it.  If just one BLOG buddy out there (were approaching 130,000 hits so I know some of you can relate to what I am talking about) takes notice of this little message and catches his problem EARLY, I feel I've done done something good for our boating brotherhood.  P.S. The Bible of prostrate cancer seems to be-"Guide To Surviving Prostrate Cancer" by Dr. Patrick Walsh & Janet Farrar Worthington.  It's a real shock when you find out you have prostrate cancer, the GOOD NEWS IS THAT only about 3% of the male population find it fatal.  Have a great week.  I'm going to !!!  Ernie Minney...

No comments:

Post a Comment