Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

Land Ho !!!

This is the last short video of my summer cruise in the waters off Southern California.  Boat is a Down East 38' sloop.  This is my first fiberglass boat.  I've always played with big older wooden boats, mostly schooners and one monster 100' teak wood ketch built in Scotland.  I'm scaling down, and this little boat seems just about right for me.  It's great with just 2 people aboard.  I can hardly imagine 4-5 or 6 people for any length of time.  I'm strictly "old school"and keep the boat simple.  Pump faucets and head. Hank on headsails and slides on the mainsail, VHF and depth finder (soon will have a radar) and a Lofrans windlass which I love and just happen to be a dealer for. And I almost forgot, a Brand New Yanmar 53 HP diesel that has never missed a beat.  Have a great weekend.  Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment