Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A GREAT LITTLE WINDLASS.......



I'm not much for endorsing marine products but after anchoring my Down East 38 sloop more than a dozen times on my 10 day Fourth of July cruise to Santa Barbara island I really started to get attached to my new Lofrans windlass. In 90' of water with 300' of 5/16" HT chain that little beauty brought my 45# Delta anchor home in no time. If anything, it's almost too fast, my chain flaker had trouble keeping up with it? It free wheeled nicely, is compact and is a good looking piece of equipment. We've become a dealer for the entire Lofrans line. If anyone out there is tied of pumping, blown breakers, chain jumping off the wild cat or having to pay out chain with the down button on this is a windlass you might consider. They're expensive but so are hernias. For more information, drop us an e-mail or stop by the store and see the windlass and step by step color pictures of my personal installation of the Tigress 1500...

No comments:

Post a Comment