Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

LOTS OF PORT LIGHTS!!!



It's sad to say but a lot of old wooden boats are being cut up in Southern California. Owners are unable to sell them and with slips costing $20.00 to $35.00 (Newport Beach) a foot a month a lot of skippers are scrapping their beloved boats. Almost on a weekly basis the salvage from these boats shows up at our front door We get a huge variety of gear and some of the best items are usually the port lights. Most are cast bronze but many are also stainless and aluminum. As you know, new ones usually run from 2 to $500.00 each. Our average price for a good used port light is from about $75.00 to $125.00. They usually come in in matched sets some time as many as 8 or ten at a time. Perhaps you might consider good used port lights for your next project. Also, you might find it of interest to know that the Fuller Brush Company is appointing us to be a dealer for their popular plastic port lights. Thousands of these were put on fiberglass boats during the boating boom of the 60's-70' & 80's. They are pricey but will pop right into the cut outs for your old ports..........P.S. Our used ports make great home decor also?

3 comments:

  1. Please send information on the portlights in the upper left hand corner of this picture to
    susanhoadley@gmail.com Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY what I am looking for! I need to call you as soon as I take better measurements. they're weird shaped so I wonder if I could just send you the actual tracings! feel free to email me @ Pualani1015@aol.com. mahalo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    Cabo Yacht Rental

    ReplyDelete