Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A HAPPY COOK IS A GOOD COOK!!!



Being a single dude I know how nice it is to have a lady companion to sail with. It's a bit of a challenge when you finally invite a female friend and then mention, "I'll be captain and you can handle the food and the galley." I then mention that the holding tank is out of the boat and that I'll introduce her to a new potty trick we call "baggers"? If she is still interested in yachting, I know I have a winner and we make plans to sail the seven seas. My little sloop is sandwiched between 2 mega-yachts. It's always a bit humbling as we arrive at the marina and my sailorette asks, "which one is yours?" I point out my Down East 38 "Anita" in the shadow of Gary Primms "Primmadonna" and watch her jaw drop as we start down the ramp. BUT!! I've been busy on my little project boat. I've replaced the ugly phony teak looking formica with Corian counter tops. My sea going cook will have lovely place to prepare culinary delights and delectable reapasts. She'll discover that SIZE really does not matter when it come to galleys as long as they are neat, clean and functionable. This was an easy project for a do it yourself boat owner. See next BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment