Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"We keep boating affordable"









You know, I could retire if I wanted to.  The the reason I don't, it's just too much fun working at the store.  Today was pretty typical.  We're helping a skipper with some storm sails for his 45 foot sloop he will soon be sailing to Singapore.  Another skipper came in and sold us about 200 pounds of brass and bronze pipe fittings and valves.  He owned and skippered the "Matt Walsh" a 60 foot fishing day boat that's been for 40 years plying Southern California waters.  A lady dropped by that lost her husband.    
His machine shop is still in the garage.  I'll be going out to her house in the next week and tell her what she has and her options for selling the tools and machinery. Another skipper said he saw my little video on my U-Tube channel about the Lofrans "Tigress" windlass.  We discussed  the merits of the winch which he said he wants to order.  There's not a lot of status being a "junk man" but it's sure interesting and fun.  Have a great week.  P.S.  We hit the 300 mark today on great used sails added to the minneysyachtsurplus.com website.......

3 comments:

  1. You sir have the best job in the world. I'm envious.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep finding everything I need at Minney's.

    ReplyDelete