Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

ANCHORS AWEIGH MY BOYS...............



They say, "a picture is worth a thousand words?" So I'm going to skip the B.S. and post a couple of pictures. We have almost every style anchor ever invented. I've had good luck with Danforths for the past 50 years. On my recent 2 week cruise I used a Delta and it seemed to set well every time and nestled up nicely on the roller on the bow sprit. Everyone you talk to has an opinion about anchors and what works for them. Just remember that no anchor will hold you 100 % of the time and that when you are anchored vigilance is still required. When the wind starts to blow and a good chop is coming in and you are on a lee shore ( an anchorage were if you start dragging your anchor or your anchor rode parts you will go ashore) my advice is to GET OUT while you have time and seek a more protective anchorage or get some sea room and lay off till things calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment