Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Goofing off in Avalon........

That's my little Down East 38 sloop moored in Avalon harbor. It took two years to get this little yacht safe and sea worthy. Out with the old Faryman diesel, in with a new Yanmar and fuel tank. New wiring, new thru-hulls, new cushions and on and on. I know what you guys are going through in re-conditioning your boats. My store was a god send to me when it came to fastenings, used sails and hundreds of other hard to find items. I jokingly tell customers that the store is really my personal warehouse but that I am happy to share it with them. Well, all the hard work is paying off. It's beautiful over here, crowds have gone and the weather is great. Have a nice day, I am........

1 comment:

  1. Good day! I'm a fairly new owner of a Downeaster 38' 1979 model. Currently undergoing restoration in Florida's panhandle. Your site looks to have many wonderful things on my wishlist. Hope we can chat one day about the lovely Down East yacht.

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete